Sunday, December 11, 2005

Rides

Well I have been working my butt off moving my server room for the company I work for. You would think I am an expert on moving this stuff by now. This is my fourth move with them in 8 years.

I have been riding but I have not been able to update the data that I keep. My small Linux box that I keep my database on has been turned off since Thursday.

The good news is that the move is done! I have all my servers up and running but now I have to go and help all the users. So I don't know when I will actually get my own stuff unpacked and running again. Hopefully I'll have all my desk stuff up and running on Tuesday. Tomorrow, Monday, there will be plenty of imagined problems but I will have to put those fires out with some comforting words and show them it really works. Such is the life of the Unix System Administrator.

No comments: