Thursday, April 11, 2013

What a start to the day

I had three incidents. Two of them commercial vehicles. One was just a car. Two of them never even fully pass me before they stop. The car driver in the first incident does not like to hear anything because he/she lays on the horn after I speak my mind.

The second incident in the video is a Town vehicle. This amazingly smart person passes me on the right as the lane begins to emerge on the right. I was lucky that I looked back and saw what he was doing otherwise it would have been an even worse start to the day.

The last one is a landscape truck from Yard-nique. Two of the trucks manage to pass me but the last one pushes me out of the lane and then stops because they are at a line of cars basically the other landscape trucks. Then when I confront the driver he tells me to basically get off the road and on the shoulder. Funny thing is there is no shoulder there there is a right turn only lane. Not very observant.

But the good news is I reported both commercial drivers to the company's. One being the Town of Cary. I have had incidents before so I know the person in charge's email address. And he at least seemed to be concerned about this incident. You know what they say? A picture is worth a thousand words? Video is worth  millions. The other Yard-Nique the owner called me back and was very upset with the incident involving his driver. He says he is also a cyclist and understands my frustration. He says that driver will be disciplined what ever that means. His drivers attitude was you don't belong on the road and when I told him I was videoing the ride and would show his boss the video he just laughed as if I wouldn't do that.

Now for the video

No comments: