Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday July 24th

Well riding home tonight and as I am crossing the road and heading down it. I hear SURLY! Someone in a car recognized the brand of bicycle I am riding. I hadn't had the kind of reaction to any bicycle I have ever owned. It just goes to show that Surly is a brand that when you like it you really like it. From the decals to the disc brakes on it. Everything on it screams Surly. For the past 6 years or so I have been attracted to the Surly brand simply because they are one of the few companies that make a really good Touring style bicycle. I just bought this bicycle about a month ago after my wonderful Trek 520 was stolen. I was pleasantly surprised to find a dealer of the Surly brand in Raleigh NC by the name of All Star Bike Shop. Which if you are ever in a bicycle buying mood I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a bicycle. I was an easy sell but they were still able to tell me things about the bike I was not aware of so they know what they sell. As always when buying a bicycle you want a shop that will listen to what you needs are and then shows you what you are looking for not some other bicycle that is not what you need. Hear that Performance Bike? I do not recommend buying a bicycle at Performance Bike simply because when you say you are daily commuter and need fenders and racks then they take you to a carbon fiber frame bicycle and those tiny small brakes that keep you from having fenders! No eyelets for racks or fenders. You just have to shake your head in wonder and move on. Well here is the clip. If you listen carefully you can hear SURLY! being yelled after I am moving.


No comments: