Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday Morning Ride

Strange day. Well not really strange but things that normally do not happen happened. Start the day off with a flat when I go to get on the bike. Second flat in 19,895 miles. So you know that is strange. The problem is not something in the tire it is a ripped valve stem? Strange since I have been riding on this tire for 2 months now and I haven't put air in since last week.

Okay get another tube out and put it all back together. Fill the tire slowly but somehow I still miss the tube sneaking out goes off like a shot gun. Now I can't hear because I am in my carport so that sound just blasts me. Great two tubes down only one left. Also I have Hokey spokes on my front wheel one of them is now broken and the front wheel is out of true. That was some blast.

Well put the last tube in and realize that now I don't have spare tube and no patch kit. I don't believe in patch kits since I never get flats. Two flats in 19895 miles is almost 10,000 miles between flats. But in reality at last flat I had was on the bike when it was new before putting on the good tires and that was around 6,000 miles so it really has been some where around 13,000 miles since my last flat.

So Since I lost so much time this morning I had to take the short way into work. So still I have no complete week of riding the same route all five days yet. Something happens every week to make that not happen. Plus just before I roll out of the carport it starts raining

6.96 Miles
14.54 Average Speed
28:46 Time
28.5 Max Speed

No comments: