Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Morning Ride

Had to change my rear tire last night since the sidewall was developing a split in it. So I did my usual. Take the front tire and put it on the rear and place the new tire on the front. I only managed to get 7,456 Miles on that rear tire due to the fact that 1059 miles into its life on the rear this happened. Should have been able to get another 3000 miles on it at least.

The LBS also sold me a new rear light. My wiring for the front generator light acted up and since the front light was not using all the juice the rear bulb blew. While talking to them they convinced me to get this light that goes on the rear fender that is all electronic. It is a Red LED light that charges up a capacitor and will stay lit for up to 4 minutes after you stop. Since it is electronic it is overvoltage protected! It is called Seculight Plus. Just had to drill a couple of holes in the fender and run wires for the light and now I have a new rear light.

13.65 Miles
16.51 Average Speed
49:38 Time
33.0 Max Speed

No comments: