Friday, January 18, 2013

Black Ice Crash!

The day started out so nice after days of rain then last night the winter storm warning 1-3 inches of snow. Turns out to be a dusting. Roads were good. I did not encounter any ice on the road. But there is a section where to avoid heavy traffic I take a greenway. Well I was not paying attention and the only bridge I cross over was covered in snow. I tried to break before the bridge but I still went down. From what I remember I thought I just slid right at the bridge but in watching the video of the crash in slow motion I realized I started sliding much further out then I thought. I have some bruises on my thigh and good bruise on my forearm. But I really hurt my right thumb. I must have really wrenched it so to say. But all in all I am OK.  I now feel for those professional riders that go down and jump back up and race away. Granted I'm much older but man it hurt the rest of the way to work. And the ride home tonight was painful!



No comments: